|Middle East International Services||Commerce||Almusaafer||Higher Education|
|Language Services||Arabic Course||Resource Center|
|Home Contact Us|
MIDDLE EAST INTERNATIONAL SERVICES
CODE OF ETHICS, PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT AND CONFIDENTIALITY
Middle East International Services (MEI Services) should strictly abide by specified professional and ethical standards as follows:
1. Cultural sensitivity & courtesy: MEI servicesí provider shall be aware of the cultural differences that may exist and is sensitive and respectful to the individual(s) served.
2. Impartiality: He/she shall maintain impartiality and shall not counsel, advise or project personal biases or beliefs. It shall avoid distorting the message in favor of one party or the other or assume meanings, conclusions or hints.
3. Non-discrimination: He/she shall always be neutral, impartial and unbiased. He/she shall not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, national origin, age, socio-economic or educational status or religious, political, sexual orientation.
4. Conflict of interest: He/she shall disclose any real or perceived conflict of interest which would affect their objectivity in the delivery of services. Providing interpretation or translation services, for family members or friends may violate the individual's right to confidentiality, or constitute a conflict of interest.
5. Withdrawal: If he/she is unable to ethically perform the assignment, He/she must refuse to do so and request withdrawal from the assignment without threat or retaliation.
1. Professional integrity: MEI servicesí provider shall demonstrate professionalism and personal integrity, by making it known that inaccuracy or incompleteness occurred during the assignment and make best effort to provide correction and/or Adjustment.
Also, when impacted by the content of the assignment, he/she must inform the parties involved about this impact and request withdrawal from the assignment.
2. Accuracy: Interpreters and translators shall render the message faithfully, conveying the content, spirit and cultural context of the original message. This means the interpreter or translator shall interpret everything the speaker or document says (verbatim) without changing the meaning, conveying what is said and how it is said, without additions, omission or alterations, but with due consideration of the cultural context of both the sender and the receiver of the message (verbatim).
3. Boundaries: MEI servicesí provider shall maintain the boundaries of their professional role, refraining from any personal involvement.
4. Qualification: Interpreters and translators shall accurately and completely represent their certifications, education, training and experience.
5. Personal demeanor: He/she shall be punctual (15 minutes earlier), prepared and dressed in an appropriate manner.
5. Inability to perform: MEI servicesí provider shall assess, at all times, their ability to interpret/translate. Should interpreters or translators have any reservations about their competency to perform in, they must immediately notify the parties and offer to withdraw from the assignment
6. Professional development and training: Interpreters and translators shall make a reasonable effort to acquire ongoing development of their skills and knowledge through professional training, continuing education, and interaction with colleagues, and specialists in related fields. They shall be equipped with latest dictionaries and latest terms adopted
†††††††† in their field of interest.
7. Cultural competency: Interpreters and translators shall develop awareness of their own and other cultures in order to promote cross-cultural understanding. Interpreters and translators will strive to bridge the cultural differences between all participating parties, by seeking to minimize, and avoid potential misunderstandings based upon stereotyping and/or differing cultural practices, beliefs, or expectations. When clashing cultural beliefs or practices, a lack of linguistic equivalency, or the inability of parties to explain in their own words are encountered, the interpreter or translator may assist by sharing cultural information or helping develop an explanation that can be understood by all.
1. Interpreters and translators shall not divulge any information learned in the performance of professional duties. This includes any documents or other written materials.
2. Confidentiality is to be maintained in all situations, except when legally mandated to disclose information in specific situations such as child abuse, elder abuse, a persons threatening harm to him-or herself or others, or where the interpreter/translator determines to the best of their ability, that non-disclosure may result in harm.
3. Disclosure: Interpreters and translators shall not publicly discuss report, or offer an opinion concerning matters in which they are or have been engaged, even when the information is not privileged by law to be confidential.
Since most services are provided by me personally; Since I have been involved in these services since 1978 with no complain or dissatisfaction from any client and, since I already handled most sensitive translation and interpretation with high profile cases without compromising any of the above, I can assure clients that the services I provide shall adhere to the Code of Ethics, professional conduct and confidentiality and, shall ensure that contracted servicesí provider comply with these strict standards by signing abiding contracts.
Violations of the above standards may result in disqualification of an interpreter or translator and termination of the contract. A copy of a signed Code of Ethics, Professional Conduct and Confidentiality Statement must be maintained by the contractor for every interpreter and/or translator utilized to perform services under this contract.
Copyright © 2010 Middle East International Services. All rights reserved.